Frequently Asked Questions
How old do I have to be to live at Shawnee Ridge?
All Residents are required to be 55 or older.
Do you offer rentals?
We do not offer rentals at Shawnee Ridge. Residents purchase our units at the listing price with a potential refund of 70% at time of resale. We offer several layouts, starting at $125,000.00. We are a cash purchase Community and all sales are completed in house.
We don’t offer section 8 or affordable housing programs.
What is your pet policy?
We do allow up to 2 pets in our town homes. Dog(s) are required to be under 45 lbs with proper vaccination records and photo. Dogs must be leashed at all times outside the unit. Our apartments only allow one cat.
How much deposit must I give to reserve a unit?
Prospective residents are required to leave a 10% deposit to hold a unit.
Is my deposit refundable?
Deposits are only fully-refundable if any of the following extenuating circumstances occur prior to resident taking occupancy:
- Illness or injury to resident that prevents resident from moving into the community (medical documentation required)
- Inability of resident, despite diligent and good-faith efforts, to sell resident’s then-current home in timeframe offered
How much does it cost to join the waiting list?
There is a $5,000 fully refundable waiting list fee, which will then go towards the 10% deposit upon the purchase of your home.
Will the monthly fees ever go up?
Shawnee Ridge administration will review the monthly fees annually and will try to keep them low. However, SR retains the right to increase monthly service fees based on many factors including, without limitation, changes in the Consumer Price Index or cost of operations, operating experience, government regulations affecting the community, maintenance of necessary reserve funds, and to ensure the financial stability of the community. Residents will receive 60 days notice of any monthly service fee increases.
Monthly Maintenance Fees Include;
- Landscaping and Snow Removal
- Payment of real estate taxes and property insurance on buildings and common areas (does not cover residents’ personal belongings)
- Water, sewer, and trash removal
- Exterior structural home maintenance
- Exterior Exterminating (Interior at Resident expense)
- Interior Maintenance (non decorative items)
- Sprinkler systems and smoke detectors
- Two Basic Cable TV Boxes (upgrades may be purchased directly from Blue Ridge)
- Professional staff to provide emergency maintenance assistance 24-hours (non-medical) ie; no heat, water leak.
- Lifestation emergency call system
*Monthly maintenance fees vary based on square footage of unit and number of occupants*
What is the potential refund if a resident passes away or moves out of their home at Shawnee Ridge?
Residents purchasing occupancy rights at Shawnee Ridge receive a potential maximum refund of 70% when their home is Sold. To fully understand the refund structure and its restrictions, you may request a copy of our Residency Agreement or speak with our staff: the aim of this structure is to lower the barriers to entry for would-be residents while at the same time providing for the potential of a future refund (either to the resident or to the resident’s estate).
Do you offer Mortgage’s?
We don’t offer Mortgage’s or Loans. Typically our prospects are someone in the process of selling their home and use the assets from the sale to buy into Shawnee Ridge. Cash is due at closing
Can I transfer my occupancy rights to someone in my family?
The occupancy rights are not transferable.